Friday, February 2, 2018

2:54 a.m.

Voice: "Hello?"

Dr. Grumpy: "This is Dr. Grumpy, returning a page."

Voice: "Hi, this is Candy Furuncle, I see you for epilepsy? I'm on Fluximoo, I think 400mg each night?"

Dr. Grumpy: "Yes?"

Voice: "Anyway, I've got this huge boil on my left butt cheek. What am I supposed to do about it?"

Dr. Grumpy: "Call your internist. This isn't my field."

Voice: "Can you give me a hint? Like dig it out with a nail clippers or something?"

Dr. Grumpy: "No. Call your internist."

Voice: "What if he's sleeping?"

6 comments:

Astrolabe Silverwax said...

"Sorry, Dr. Grumpy, but I can never wake up Dr. Sleepy, and Dr. Bashful never returns my pages. Maybe I'll try Dr. Sneezy- he's always wide awake no matter what hour it is. Hopefully that will hold me until I can get some more pain meds from Dr. Dopey."

Anonymous said...

So sorry, Dr. G. Working night shift at local hospital, we sometimes got calls from worry-warts at 2:00 AM. Transferred from the E.R., the nurse there, sent up calls sometimes like this that so much as had the tiniest reference to a possible medication. I imagine ER was involved in critical matters. We weren't doin' nuttin' honey, just whipping up a STAT fosphenytoin piggyback.

I swear, though.

Had some of the strangest questions. Popular was the one about half-life of marijuana metabolites, especially if there was a job interview or probation hearing coming up.

Officer Cynical said...

"Call 911."

Brent said...

wait a minute-if the boil is on her butt, shouldn't she call her externist?

Packer said...

If he is asleep put a warm moist compress on it, but call him two or three times to make sure he is asleep.

Ms. Donna said...

I guess she was boiling mad at that.

 
Locations of visitors to this page