Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Mary's desk

Mr. Stand: "Hello?"

Mary: "Hi, this is Mary at..."

Mr. Stand: "Um, are you the girl I met last Saturday at Pick-Up Charlie's? Hey, the reason I haven't called yet is because..."

Mary: "Uh, no, I work at Dr. Grumpy's."

Mr. Stand: "I don't remember a bar called Dr. Grumpy's. Where is it? I must have been blitzed. Anyway, I'm glad you called because..."

Mary: "Dr. Grumpy is a neurologist. You have an appointment here at 10:00 tomorrow morning. I'm calling to remind you of that."

Mr. Stand: "Wait, you work at my neurologist's AND you came home with me from Pick-Up Charlie's last weekend?"

Mary: "No. I work here. I'm married. I've never been to Pick-Up Charlie's."

Mr. Stand: "Oh... This is awkward... I guess I'll see you tomorrow at 10:00, then."

12 comments:

Packer said...

More so for Mary.

Anonymous said...

OMG! You have to wonder how each day is for this person.

Ms. Donna said...

Anon -- It is not fun. I guess Mr. Stand needs an STD test as well. I know it's not your end, Grumpy, but . . .

BigB said...

So, what was Mary doing at Pick-Up Charlie's? Have we met?

I'm so confused. Do we have an appointment tomorrow?

A. Marie said...

Thanks for the best laugh I've had in two weeks. And if you haven't already given Mary that raise, double it.

Crazy RxMan said...

Cool name for a bar though... "Dr. Grumpy's."

Mage said...

lol

Tarquin "R.J." Toffeebridge V said...

"Wait, let me get this straight- you came home with me from Pick-Up Charlie's last weekend AND you're my mom?"

Anonymous said...

"I guess that explains why you have a woman's voice. I saw 'Ibee Grumpy, MD' on the caller ID, and I thought you were that doctor I met two weeks ago at Adam & Steve's."

Anonymous said...

There was a bar across the street from a hospital in my hometown called The Recovery Room. Having a Dr. Grumpy's on the other corner would have been great.

Javahead said...

It works great as an excuse, though.

"Sorry I was late getting to X - I had an appointment at Dr. Grumpy's"

And as a bonus, they can blame any lack of coordination on their medication.

Ms. Donna said...

Crazy, we have a "Grumpy's Eats and Sweets" here in town. Always busy when I go past.

 
Locations of visitors to this page