Monday, November 23, 2015

Saturday afternoon

Dr. Grumpy: "This is Dr. Grumpy, returning a page."

Ms. Wilter: "Yeah, I called your office yesterday, about a refill on my Spazinox?"

Dr. Grumpy: "I approved that, and Annie called it in."

Ms. Wilter: "Oh REALLY? Because I just stopped by Pill Haus, and THEY DIDN'T HAVE IT!"

Dr. Grumpy: "Well, I know she called it in. I was in her office when she made the call."

Ms. Wilter: "Well, that doesn't change the fact that I'm standing in Pill Haus and IT'S NOT HERE!"

Dr. Grumpy: "Which Pill Haus are you at? There are a lot of them. We called it to the one on Starr & Harrison, like you wanted."

Ms. Wilter: "So what? I'm at the one at Narn & Centauri, and regardless of what Annie said MY SPAZINOX ISN'T HERE!"

Dr. Grumpy: "Then why... did you ask us to call it in to the one at Starr & Harrison?"

Ms. Wilter: "Why would it matter?"

Dr. Grumpy: "Um, because they're different stores, like, 5 miles apart?"

Ms. Wilter: "But they're both Pill Haus pharmacies! If you call it in to any of them, they all fill it."

Dr. Grumpy: "Uh, no, just the one we call it too."

Pause

Ms. Wilter: "I thought that when you call it in to any Pill Haus, it goes to every store, and so they all get it ready for you. That way, I can pick it up anywhere I am. Isn't that part of the internet and all? That all their stores are connected and fill it for you, so you can just go to any of their places to get it?"

Dr. Grumpy: "No, they just fill it at the one we call it to."

Ms. Wilter: "Well, that's not very convenient, or customer friendly. I'm going to complain to them about this."

Dr. Grumpy: "Okay. Your Spazinox is at Starr & Harrison. Have a good one."

21 comments:

jimbo26 said...

Lol , duh .

Candi said...

That would probably go under 'why we can't have nice things'. You can't do that and the company can't do that, thanks to fraudsters who would take advantage of that, especially before computer intranets came along. And puters still go down anyway.

I hope she calmed down once she got her medicine.

Loved the street names.

Anonymous said...

And Dr. Grumpy's Fukitol is in this here diet Coke

Anonymous said...

Yeah Babylon 5 references! :D

I'm doing a rewatch, and am still in season one (oh darn~).

Anonymous said...

Dear Lady, despite what you've come to believe, there's some logic in this world. Your drugstore is part of a chain. Your prescription was called into the one you requested it be sent, and the pharmacy can only transfer prescriptions AFTER they have it in their possession. This particular logic has not changed despite invention of the magic internets. It sounds like you're in the remedial basic learner stage. Not everyone is going to be as patient as Dr. Grumpy.

May I suggest a nice basket of fruit for Chrismukkahkwanzadan, and some thanks from the bottom of your heart for his effort to so patiently explain the system to you on a Saturday afternoon when he was in the middle of cleaning his garage --well, truth be told, his wife was wondering where the snow shovels are.

OldRPh said...

How often does some version of this conversation happen in my pharmacy? ----- Every Damn Day !
Thanks Dr G for the breakdown, Love your site.

Anonymous said...

Well, this is stupid. What's the use of the whole internets thing if you can't just download your pills from where've you are?! Plus, I know it tracks me so its there exactly wherever I am...

bobbie said...

And they breed, people!!!

Anonymous said...

"This is exactly like that time with my wife's sisters. I figured that, since they're all from the same family as my wife, I should be able to sleep with any of them too, but... well, let's just say it was a pretty awkward Thanksgiving that year."

Rita said...

I should be able to go to the local matter transponder wherever I am, enter my ID code and have my prescription automatically created from random molecules of the universe and dispensed.

The Condign Gentleman said...

"I have this exact same problem every time I order takeout from Domino's."

Anonymous said...

Just download your script to your 3D printer and print your pills. Duh!

Anonymous said...

Can civilization be killed by dumbness? Cuz we're headed that way.
Overheard in clothing store line... Customer to cashier: Which coupon should I use to get the better deal? 40% off or 50% off?

Customer to cashier (after cashier said she should use 50% off): Are you sure?

gloriap said...

Even scarier than breeding: they VOTE! And some of the provisions in the Voting Right Act say that even if they aren't registered or they show up at the wrong precinct or the wrong city, they may vote by provisional ballot. And then there are candidates like The Donald and The Ben. Life is getting scarier every day.

pharmacychick said...

I live with this crap every day! haha.

Anonymous said...

Gee, I wonder it's never occurred to her to go to the different bank branches after she's deposited money and tried taking it out at each of them.
BTW...not only do they breed, they vote, the U.S. can survive Chairman Obamao but we can't survive those who voted for him.

Moose said...

And you are cute, too, in an annoying sort of way. But in purple, I'm stunning.

Tsunoba said...

Heh, this reminds me of when I went to pick up a game I had preordered. The cashier asked me if I had preordered it at that particular store.

Apparently, people had been yelling at her all day because they didn't realize the whole point of preordering is that it lets the store know how many copies they need in advance.

Anonymous said...

And everywhere, the pharmacists and technicians all together sighed and lost a bit more faith in humanity.

Anonymous said...

Entertaining as it would be, I don't know if I'd want to frequent a store on the corner of Narn and Centauri. I'd probably be witness to far too many fistfights.

Then again...

C said...

it's the internet of things! not to worry- soon a drone will just drop it on her house

 
Locations of visitors to this page