Thursday, April 11, 2013

Phone calls

Mary: "Dr. Grumpy's office, this is Mary."

Mrs. Coordinate: "I'm calling to update my address, you have the wrong one."

Mary: "Okay, let me look this up... I show you as living at 42 N. Fred Gwynne Drive."

Mrs. Coordinate: "Yes, that's correct."

Mary: "All right, so it looks like we do have the right one."

Mrs. Coordinate: "NO, you DO NOT have the right one. Otherwise I wouldn't have gotten this bill with the wrong address on it!"

Mary: "But how did you get the bill if it had the wrong address on it?"

(pause)

Mrs. Coordinate: "I guess you do have the right address. Never mind."

(click)

6 comments:

Moose said...

And then Mary had A Chocolate Moose for Dinner.

Hildy said...

She has a better mailman than I do. My mailman gives me lots of different people's bills. I just don't pay them.

Anonymous said...

Is 42 N. Fred Gwynne Drive anywhere near 1313 Mockingbird Lane?

Mockingbird said...

Hey, I live on Mockingbird Lane!

Loren Pechtel said...

It could be an old address and the mailman forwarded it.

RehabRN said...

I know! Her other personality ran up the bill, right?

Aw, you gotta love the cognitively challenged (at least when they are pleasantly confused).

 
Locations of visitors to this page